MCQs on Bipolar Junction Transistor
Q1: For a transistor to operate in an active region what is the essential possible condition of biasing?
- Collector-base and emitter-base junctions are reverse biased.
- Collector-base junction is reverse biased and the emitter-base is forward biased
- Collector-base and emitter-base junctions are forward biased
- Collector-base junction is forward biased and emitter-base is reverse biased
Answer: (b) Collector-base junction is reverse biased and the emitter-base is forward biased
Q2: Which operating region of BJT enables Emitter-base & collector-base junctions to undergo perfect short-circuit configuration?
- Saturation Region
- Cut-off Region
- Active Region
Answer: (b) Saturation Region
Q3: When zero input control signal is applied which functional mode enables the BJT to act as an open switch?
- Reversed biased mode of BE junction
- Reversed as well as the forward-biased mode of BE junction
- Forward biased mode of BE junction
Answer: (d) None
Q4: The power dissipated by a transistor approximately equals the collector current times.
- Collector-emitter voltage
- Base-emitter voltage
- Base supply voltage
- 0.7 V
Answer: (a) collector-emitter voltage
Q5: Which of the following leakage current causes a small collector current with zero base current
- Collector diode
- Base diode
- Emitter diode
Answer: (a) Collector diode
Q6: What will be the answer if we recalculate the collector-emitter voltage with the second approximation?
- The same as the ideal value
- Larger than the ideal value
- Smaller than the ideal value
Answer: (b) Larger than the ideal value
Q7: Will a transistor act as a closed switch by defining the requisite magnitude of saturation level with an equivalent amount of
- negative control voltage
- both negative & positive control voltages
- positive control voltage
- none of the above
Answer: (a) positive control voltage
Q8: Which current source is connected between collector and base terminals in order to supervise the consequences of base control in an active region DC Model of BJT?
Answer: (b) βIB
Q9: What is the collector current when the base resistor is open?
- 1 mA
- 2 mA
- 10 mA
Answer: (c) 0
Q10: For the second approximation what is the base-emitter voltage?
- 0.3 V
- 0.7 V
- 1 V
Answer: (b) 0.7 V