MCQs on Redox Reaction
- Which of the compounds can exist together?
(a) HgCl2, SnCl2
(b) FeCl3, KI
(c) FeCl3, SnCl2
(d) FeCl2, SnCl2
- One mole of ferrous oxalate requires____ moles of MnO4– to get oxidised completely in an acidic medium
(a) 0.6 moles
(b) 0.4 moles
(c) 0.2 moles
(d) 7.5 moles
- H2O2 changes Cr2O72- ion to CrO5 in an acidic medium, the oxidation state of Cr in CrO5 is
- H2SO4 acts as a strong oxidising agent. In which of the reaction, is it not acting as an oxidising agent?
(a) C + 2H2SO4 → CO2 + 2SO2 + 2H2O
(b) CaF2 + 2H2SO4 → CaSO4 + 2HF
(c) S + 2H2SO4 → 3SO2 + H2O
(d) Cu + 2H2SO4 → CuSO4 + SO2 + 2H2O
- During a reaction of oxalic acid, potassium chlorate and sulphuric acid, the oxidation number of which of the element undergoes a maximum change
- Find the redox reaction
(a) In the atmosphere, O3 from O2 by lighting
(b) The reaction of H2SO4 with NaOH
(c) Both oxidation and reduction reaction
(d) Evaporation of water
- Find the oxidation state of I in H4IO6–
- In which of the following complex, the oxidation number of Fe is +1?
- Which among the following compounds is the most reducing compound?
- Which among the following is the strongest oxidising agent?