MCQs on Chlorine Gas
- Which among the following is the strongest oxidising agent?
- Calcium chlorite has the molecular formula
- Four lone pairs of electrons are present in
- Which of the following will most readily form an anion?
(a) Alkali metals
(c) Nitrogen family
(d) Oxygen family
- Chlorine is used as a bleaching agent. The bleaching action is due to
- Which of the following is produced on the reaction of bleaching powder with a few drops of conc. HCl?
(a) Hypochlorous acid
(d) Calcium oxide
- Who suggested the name chlorine for the first time?
- Chlorine reacts with cold and dil. Alkali to form
(d) both (a) and (b)
- Deacon’s process is used to manufacture
(a) nitric acid
(b) sulphuric acid
(d) bleaching powder
- Chlorine gas reacts with _______ to form bleaching powder.
(a) dry slaked lime
(b) dil. solution of Ca(OH)2
(c) conc. solution of Ca(OH)2
(d) dry CaO